2 January 2014: Sometimes only music can soothe my soul; well, that and snuggling with Dachshunds
Started this playlist for Prince soon after his “gastric signet ring carcinoma” (stomach cancer in layman’s terms) which has spread to his lymph nodes.
Tonight, after a rough day with the kids here, between Prince and Blaze, I spent the night listening to the playlist, thus far. I alternated between sobbing and deep napping. I’d wake up, feel a shift had occured, and start the cycle again.
When you think about it, we have a love affair with our kids. So when they pass, it’s not just as if a close friend or family member has passed; in many cases, it’s as if a lover has left us.
In Prince’s case, he is my second soul/heart dog. In fact, when Tuna died 19 April 2013, I was comforted by the fact that Prince would be with me for years to come as Tuna was my original soul/heart dog. I’ve barely allowed myself to grieve Tuna’s passing as it’s just been too painful.
Interestingly, as the Universe works, since I reconnected with my spiritual beliefs on 21 November 2013, I’m more grounded in my foundation than I’ve ever been. Hence, another gift of Prince’s passing is that I am also grieving Tuna and Tiffany’s passing in 2013, rather than continue to keep it bottled up, which some think is a contributing factor to cancer.
I’ll likely keep expanding this playlist …. feel free to share and post any of your favorite songs to grief by.
(11 December 2013)
- “Gravity” ~ Sara Bareilles
- “Do What You Have To Do” ~ Sarah McLachlan
- “Verdi Cries” ~ 10,000 Maniacs
- “I Will Remember You” ~ Sarah McLachlan
- “Hold On” ~ Sarah McLachlan
- “Fumbling Towards Ecstasy” ~ Sarah McLachlan
- “I Love You” ~ Sarah McLachlan
- “Only Time” ~ Enya
- “Prayer of St. Francis” ~ Sarah McLachlan
- “Sweet Surrender” ~ Sarah McLachlan
- “Here Without You” ~ 3 Doors Down
- “But I Do Love You” ~ LeAnn Rimes
- “City of Angels” ~ 10,000 Maniacs
- “Alice (Stealing Beauty)” ~ Dead Can Dance
- “Just You and Me” ~ Chicago
- “All That She Wants” ~ Ace of Base
- “Without You” ~ Dixie Chicks
- “Cowboy Take Me Away” ~ Dixie Chicks
- “American Pie” ~ Don McLean
- “This is My World” ~ Darius Rucker
- “You Were Mine” ~ Dixie Chicks
- “In This Life” ~ Delta Goodrem
- “Landslide” ~ Dixie Chicks
- “Comfort” ~ Deb Talan
- “The Sign” ~ Ace of Base
- “Linger” ~ Cranberries
- “Don’t Turn Around” ~ Ace of Base
- “Can’t Fight the Moonlight” ~ Leann Rimes
- “Over You” ~ Bryan Ferry & Roxie Music
- “Give Me Just a Little More Time” ~ Chairman of the Board
- “Stay” ~ Alison Krauss
- “Persephone” ~ Cocteau Twins
- “Dance Away” ~ Bryan Ferry & Roxie Music
- “Wishing You Were Here” ~ Chicago
- “Waiting at the Gate” ~ Carly Simon
- “Horse With No Name” ~ America
- “Memory” ~ Andrew Lloyd Webber
- “Strange Magic” ~ Electric Light Orchestra
- “End of the Road” ~ Boyz II Men
- “More Than This” ~ Bryan Ferry & Roxie Music
- “Natural High” (extended version) ~ Bloodstone