Favorite upbeat music: created 8/23/12 for my soul family participating in the LIFE program by Robert Gonzales
Spanning two years, 2012 and 2013, I participated in a program which was life-changing for me as it supported me in learning how to sit in whatever space I was in at the time: http://www.living-compassion.org/life.
I truly love and appreciate everyone and everything about the program. Yet music ALWAYS speaks to my soul. At least once in the four week-long sessions we played music for the group to dance to. I put together this playlist with some of my favorite upbeat dance music. If I recall correctly, I was guided in the song selection; yet all of it was about love, in some form, and could be applied to “self love”.
That is one of my favorite things to do …. take songs/lyrics, poems, FB posters, etc. about love and apply the intention to your developing a love relationship with yourself. As surely, until you love yourself, can you love another?
LOL, I’m sharing my song list in context of a blog I’m writing on “The Nature of Love, and How We Express It”. I envision a spiral starting with self and as it spirals up and outward as your self love begins to include everyone and everything around you, including the life you have created to experience. What’s more fun is that one of my long-term favorite songs is by the band Spiral Staircase.
What was so remarkable to me about this song list is that it was created during a tumultuous time of my life; yet music always brings me home to myself as did the LIFE program, my soul family in that program, and this playlist which I reshare with my larger soul family:
- “Come and Get Your Love” by Leon Redbone
- “Let’s Groove” by Earth Wind & Fire
- “Fallin for You” by Colbie Callait
- “Pocketful of Sunshine” by Natasha Bedingfield
- “I Love You More Today Than Yesterday” by Spiral Staircase
- “What I Like About You” by The Ramones
- “This Time It’s Real” by Tower of Power
- “This Will Be (an Everlasting Love)” by Natalie Cole
- “OMG (feat. will.i.am)” by Usher
- “Never Gonna Give You Up” by Rick Astley
- “Shake Your Groove Thing” by Peaches & Herb
- “Super Trouper” from the movie with Meryl Streep, etc
- “I’m Gonna Getcha Good” by Shania Twain
- “Shiny Happy People” by REM
- “Clumsy” by Fergie
It all starts with love of self; and well, to me, that includes music which opens the heart ~Laurel aka Dragonfly Unleashed